Location: Park Gate, Fareham, Hampshire
Customer Service Admin \ 1st Line Support – Managed Services
Reporting to the Support Lead, you will assist in providing first line technical support to our Managed Service customers. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working within the IT Department, to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
The day to day responsibilities will include:
- To be the first point of contact representing the business
- To register and classify received Incidents and to undertake an immediate effort in order to restore a failed IT service as quickly as possible.
- If no ad-hoc solution can be achieved, 1st Level Support will transfer the Incident to expert technical support groups (2nd Level Support).
- 1st Level Support also processes Service Requests and keeps users informed about their Incidents’ status at agreed intervals.
- Liaising with clients throughout the lifecycle of the service ticket
- Ensure high first time fix rate
- Prioritise and manage multiple tickets
- Ensure that any technical issues on a service ticket are escalated efficiently
Behaviours and Attitudes Required
- Willingness to try new things to influence and embed change
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to establish long lasting rapport
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Strong influencing, negotiating and decision making skills
- Excellent time management, organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines
- Results driven
- Reliable and punctual
- Proactive – always a step ahead, preparing in advance and not leaving things to the last minute
- Positive attitude – acting calmly and positive at all times
- Demonstrate initiative
- Professional attitude
Knowledge and Skills required
- Active Directory, Creating users, Mailbox creation
- An understanding of technology is desirable although high expertise is not necessary
- Previous IT Service Desk and/or call centre experience would be desirable
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
- Citrix (desirable)
- Knowledge of Backups (desirable)