Location: Sutton Coldfield
We are currently looking to recruit an Application Support Analyst. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with 1st/ 2nd line support. This would be an ideal stepping stone to progress your career into a developer role.
The role will include experience working with databases, interrogating and manipulating information to achieve results and ultimately to solve problems that are presented. Experience in data analysis, MySQL and PHP support within web-based applications is essential.
• You will be joining a growing and dynamic company who designs and
builds software for the social housing, the wider public and commercial sectors.
• Gaining an excellent level of knowledge of our product set, you will be responsible for the support of our suite of software solutions that we develop in-house
• Resolve support tickets to SLA commitments
• You will support your peers and the team, sharing knowledge to ensure that the team can do their job to the best of their ability.
• Strong problem-solving skills and analytical understanding
• Ability to identify and highlight service improvements
• A friendly and collaborative attitude and strong Team Player
• Excellent telephone manner
• Strong problem solving skills with a logical approach and use of methodologies such as ITIL
• Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and efficiently
• Good experience with Microsoft IT technologies
• Possess good personal organisation and time management abilities gained in a similar environment
• Suited to someone who would like to one day progress to a career in Software Development or Implementation of our Software Solutions.
• Knowledge of ITIL service operations / service transition and continual service improvement.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
• Proficient in PHP and MySQL
• Experience of supporting distributed and web-based applications
• Experience of recording and solving application support issues from customers, prioritising requests, implementing and communicating timely solution
• Experienced in updating User Guides and Support Knowledge Base
• Root Cause Analysis