Location:Southampton or Newport
Castleton plc, a leading supplier of infrastructure and software solutions to the UK Social Housing and Public Sector is looking to recruit a Hosting Transition Engineer to join our Managed Services Team.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for Hosting Transition Engineer to join Castleton Managed Services. The Hosting Transition Engineer will be reporting to the Data Centre Manager/Technical Director and will be required to manage the installation, migration and ongoing maintenance of a variety of Line of Business applications. Technical capability, supported by recognised qualifications is important as is an awareness of recognised IT practices will be very advantageous.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Deploy software components to customer to hosted environments.
• Test and prove the software deployment and provide quality assurance.
• Provide a formal handover of the installation both internally and externally.
• Fully document the deployment/configuration of software products to support continuous improvements to our installation and upgrade processes.
• Assist in the migration and on-boarding of new hosting customers.
• Maintain and support datacentre infrastructure including but not limited to Switches, Firewalls, SAN, Hypervisors, Monitoring suites.
• Work within a Prince 2 framework for project delivery.
• Provide a support escalation for Managed Services Customers.
• Operate to defined company ITIL based standards.
• On-call duties and shift patterns are maybe required.
• Any other related duties as required by the business.
• Technical skill set to support software lifecycle (build, package and deploy).
• Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and ability to quickly learn new ideas/concepts/systems.
• Experience of working in a fast paced consultative environment.
• Detailed understanding of project lifecycle.
• Experience of working with external customers.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proven experience of working in a commercial environment.
• Approachable personality and able to communicate effectively and professionally with all stakeholders.
• Travel to customer sites and Castleton offices with overnight stays where necessary.
Essential Technical Skills:
• SQL Server – experience of relational database methodology and database administration. Installation, configuration and maintenance.
• Hands on experience of Windows Server 2008 to 2016 and above – IIS, web-services, Active Directory, Group Policy and DNS.
• LAN / WAN technologies and their application, External DNS configuration, Proxies, VPN and Firewalls, ideally Fortigate.
• Knowledge of Virtualisation infrastructure installation and Configuration.- vSphere, vCloud, NSX and Hyper-V.
• Diagnostics and troubleshooting expertise.
• Knowledge of Cloud technologies such as Azure, Office365, hosting and co-location