Package: 25 Days Annual Leave (excluding Statutory & Public Holidays)
Reporting to: Agile & CRM Team Leader
Castleton Technology plc, a leading supplier of infrastructure and software solutions to the UK Social Housing and Public Sector is looking to recruit an iOS Mobile Developer to join the Development Team.
The company has ambitious growth plans to bring together a range of complementary ICT Infrastructure and software applications that will deliver improved customer service, cost reductions and drive efficiencies for our customers.
We are seeking a passionate and talented Developer with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working within software/application development, across multiple work streams. This role requires hands-on software development to develop and support Castleton’s Mobile Application. A good knowledge of development techniques and methodologies is essential. Your primary focus will be the development of iOS applications and their integration with back-end services. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
Core responsibilities for this Developer role:
- Develop software solutions that achieve customer requirements/stories.
- Deliver a high standard of software quality with minimal defects/bugs.
- Provide accurate information to senior management and other stakeholders
- Ensure services are delivered in accordance with KPI’s and exceeding these where possible.
- Keep up to date on emerging technology and provide suggestions/recommendations on improvements.
- Strive for continuous improvement through adhering to Development Best Practice.
- Attend daily Scrum and share progress of in-flight work items.
- Provide support to colleagues, devoting time to impart expertise, build confidence and express positive expectations.
- Where necessary provide support for pre-sales team when required, including involvement in bid documentation
- Any other related duties as required by the line manager.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and high level of technical ability
- Able to maintain high levels of confidentiality and professional conduct
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A passion for providing high quality customer service
- Working within high pressured environment delivering within targeted KPI’s
- Approachable personality and able to communicate effectively and professionally
- Quick learner and problem solver
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
Essential Technical Skills
- Strong knowledge of iOS, different versions of iOS, and how to deal with different screen sizes (iPhone and iPad)
- Native based approach to iOS Development
- CoreData experience
- Evidence of Apps published on Apple App Store
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of iOS UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”, Haptic
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the iOS ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Understanding of Apples iOS design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Consuming REST/WCF Services
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or ageApply for this Job