Castleton Technology are looking to recruit a product manager for its Repairs & Maintenance and Scheduling products, these complimentary products are designed to deliver a streamlined, end-to-end repairs offering as part of the Castleton suite of products.
As Product Manager, you will be responsible for defining, refining and reviewing the roadmap for your products, working closely with the development team leader(s) to deliver against your vision. You will also work closely with other product managers within the team to ensure that your strategy for your product is in line the wider objectives of the group.
You will work closely with the sales team to sell your product internally – you must make your product stand out from the rest.
You will build products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of commercial awareness, sector knowledge and be technology aware; you must be able to think outside of the box and possess the drive and ambition to make our vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with customers, understanding their challenges and be able to find innovative solutions for the both that customer and the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with a development counterpart to define product release requirements. You will also work with marketing & communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer base. You will also serve as the internal and external advocate for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Work closely with the Head of Product Strategy to ensure the overall group strategy of becoming number 1 partner in the sector is achieved
- Become the key stakeholder for your products within the business, ensuring there is a clear roadmap for the future development of the solutions
- Ensure that the sales and support teams are fully equipped with the product knowledge required to deliver against their goals
- Review the competition, ensure that Castleton are on par or ahead at all times
- Analyse potential partner relationships for the products
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning through to release
- Significant experience of sector knowledge – primarily social housing and local government
- Significant experience of product management and product delivery experience
- A good understanding of repairs & maintenance and scheduling processes within Social Housing
- Knowledgeable in emerging technologies
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites across the UK
- Good understanding of Castleton software products
- Focus on delivering best in class customer service
- Financially literate and highly numerate
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels both in writing and verbally
- Ability to build strong relationships with the Development, Marketing & Sales teams alongside the broader management team
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritising effectively to meet demanding deadlines
- Highly organised with a flexible attitude towards work
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.