Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Summary of position
3rd Line Support – Managed Services
Reporting to the Support Lead, you will assist in providing third line technical support to our Managed Service customers. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working within the service desk at a high technical level, to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of incidents.
The day to day responsibilities will include
- Taking ownership of incidents that cannot be solved immediately with the means of 2nd line support.
- Requesting external support, e.g. from software or hardware manufacturers, as necessary.
- Restoring a failed IT Service as quickly as possible.
- Escalating to senior technical resources via the Support Lead.
- Reporting incidents that require Problem Management.
- Liaising with clients throughout the lifecycle of the service ticket.
- Prioritise and managing multiple tickets.
- Ensure that any technical or operational issues on a service ticket are escalated efficiently.
Behaviours and Attitudes required
- Willingness to try new things to influence and embed change.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to establish long lasting rapport.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Strong influencing, negotiating and decision making skills.
- Excellent time management, organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Results driven.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Positive attitude – acting calmly and positive at all times.
- Demonstrate initiative.
- Professional attitude.
Knowledge and Skills required
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DFS.
- Exchange 2007 to 2016.
- Networking (switching, routing, VLANs, firewalls, VPNs), Cisco IOS and derivatives.
- VMware / Other Virtualisation technology (XenServer, Hyper-V, VirtualBox).
- Citrix (Presentation server, XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler, Web Interface, Licensing server, Citrix Secure Gateway).
- Windows Server (2008 R2 to 2016) plus core roles and features (file shares, print server, IIS, WDS, WSUS etc).
- Core network services including DNS and DHCP.
- Imaging systems (Norton Ghost, ShadowProtect, Windows Deployment Services).
- Anti-Virus and disk encryption systems (Sophos, Bitlocker, Kaspersky, Norton, ESET, Mcafee).
- Backup Technologies (Symantec Backup Exec, Veeam, AppAssure/RapidRecovery, Replay, VMware VDR/VDP, Acronis, Windows/NT Backup).
- Database Server Applications (SQL, MySQL, PROGRESS, Oracle).
- Skype for Business
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age