Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for leading, motivating, managing and developing the Professional Services (PS) team within Technical Services including Consultants and Project Managers. This is the team responsible for providing project implementations, upgrades, improvements and enhancements to the IT systems of our customers.
Responsibilities also include the maintenance, roll-out and development of Project Management and Implementation methodologies adopting best practice in accordance with Prince 2 and Agile standards.
The ideal candidate will have previous professional services management experience in a Managed Services environment, a natural talent for getting the best out of teams and a sound understanding of the technologies supported by Castleton, these being; data centre services, network services (WAN/LAN), infrastructure compute & storage services, security services, desktop services, VOIP and Unified Communications.
This job requires travel to customer sites and other group sites.
Roles and responsibilities
• Promoting best practice project delivery methods to control, maintain and improve services delivered ensuring projects are implemented effectively and efficiently.
• Managing the Professional Services team to achieve business objectives including the attainment of targets for utilisation, on-time delivery, revenue, customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction and project deadlines.
• Working closely with the sales & pre-sales teams to prepare project delivery profiles, productised project services and estimates for delivery of projects.
• Supporting sales & pre-sales teams at customer and prospect presentations for project propositions.
• Ensuring that the team has the balance of technical, management, organisational and commercial skills to support the strategic business objectives and customer demand for project services.
• Developing PS team members through training, skills & knowledge development and maintaining an effective skills matrix.
• Setting team goals in alignment with objectives. Assisting direct reports in the definition and attainment of individual goals.
• Ensuring that direct reports have the resources, information, and processes necessary to deliver effective and timely technical solutions to our customers.
• Effectively delivering on the Managed Services pipeline with Customers by effective scheduling and ensuring satisfactory completion of received customer orders and ensuring that an effective handover to BAU Support is successful.
• Ensuring the delivery of high-quality technical and soft-skills training for team members.
• Delivering performance reviews for all direct reports and providing regular feedback on agreed performance levels and development goals.
• Effectively representing the Professional Services department as required at customer service and account reviews.
• Delivering regular reports that provide qualitative and quantitative descriptions of business performance.
• Acting as a point of escalation for project related activity and developing customer relationships for project revenue development.
• Managing key processes including project management, implementation and documentation preparation standards.
• Developing and maintaining PS procedures and policies.
• Identifying ways to continually add value to the customer experience.
Behaviours and Attitudes required
• A demonstrable track record of success in a senior level position within an IT managed services provider.
• A willingness to try new things to influence and embed change.
• Excellent time management, organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines.
• Results driven, focussed on objectives – able to turn objectives into action.
• Reliable and punctual.
• Proactive attitude.
• Able to demonstrate initiative and ownership.
• Professional attitude.
Knowledge and Skills required
• Best practice management skills and a solid understanding of people management.
• Organisationally adept and able to handle multiple conflicting priorities.
• Able to analyse data and produce legible, clear information to support effective decision making
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to establish long lasting rapport.
• Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong influencing, negotiating and decision-making skills.