To design and implement IT solutions for customers utilising industry best practices. To ensure prevailing company documentation and processes are used within the design and implementation. At all times ensuring the integrity of the customer’s IT infrastructure and data.
To carry out systems analysis, create proposals for complex IT solutions, present and promote to customers.
To provide technical support to Castleton Managed Services customers, primarily when escalated via third line processes. To provide reporting to managed service customers as per reporting schedules and company templates.
To attend external vendor training courses and, where required, to provide training for staff including the preparation of all necessary coursework.
As a leading provider of innovative solutions to the Social Housing sector, we have an opportunity to bring fresh talent into the fold. Working in a vibrant environment, you will be part of a friendly and hard-working team. This role includes travel to customer sites and internal offices across the UK.
- To design and implement solutions
- To provide pre-sales support and attend client meetings
- Creation of technical documentation
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Ensure projects are completed efficiently, to quality, time and budget
- Liaise with all relevant parties to ensure any customer issues are dealt with satisfactory both pre and post implementation
- Manage and maintain appropriate project documentation and handover completed project paperwork to support desk
Roles and responsibilities
- Agree, manage and deliver projects to meet sales solution proposals or scope of work
- To ensure that user acceptance testing is completed in good time prior to completion of projects
- To ensure customers systems being worked on are adequately protected
- At all times to ensure the integrity of the customers network with regards to confidentiality, secure access, data protection and data backup
- Provide technical guidance to customers, sales team and support desk
- To attend vendor training courses as directed by company
- To ensure that any sales or customer service enhancement opportunities are identified and brought to management attention
- Maintain vendor accreditations
- Ability to analyse and solve problems
- Ability to communicate with customers and staff at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritising effectively to meet demanding deadlines
- Flexible attitude towards work
- Ability to work away from home
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Clear thinking and ability to present ideas
Essential Skills – Excellent knowledge of the following technologies, including experience of implementing new IT solutions or upgrades (Hardware & Software):
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems from 2008R2
- Exchange 2013 / 2016 / O365
- Citrix XenApp 7.X
- Cloud – Azure/AWS
- HP, Dell, software defined and leading vendor Storage Area Networks – iSCSI / FC
- Networking – Routing & Switching
- Unified communications technologies, Skype for Business & contact centre
- Backup technologies
- Excellent communication skills, being able to convey complex and difficult designs verbally and in writing
- Full driving license required
Behaviours and Attitudes Required
- A confident communicator that can demonstrate close attention to detail;
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment;
- Self-motivated – personal drive and enthusiasm to continually improve and provide the best in all situations and able to readily embrace change;
- Clearly demonstrates positive behaviour and attitude which contributes towards achieving and supporting the departmental, company and operational objectives;
- Capability and willingness to accept and adapt to a changing environment and adjust behaviours accordingly, taking account of differing factors, perspective and views;
- Confidence to accomplish job requirements and positively welcomes feedback for continuous improvement.
- Reliable and punctual with a proactive & professional attitude.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and ownership.