Role: Software Developer (3 vacancies available)
Package: 25 Days Annual Leave (excluding Statutory & Public Holidays)
Reporting to: Development Team Leader
Castleton Technology plc, a leading supplier of infrastructure and software solutions to the UK Social Housing and Public Sector, is looking to recruit 3 C# ASP.net Developers to join the Development Team.
The company has ambitious growth plans to bring together a range of complementary ICT Infrastructure and software applications that will deliver improved customer service, cost reductions and drive efficiencies for our customers.
We are seeking a passionate and talented Developer with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working within software/application development, across multiple work streams. This role requires hands-on software development to develop and support Castleton’s Applications. A good knowledge of development techniques and methodologies is essential. Your primary focus will be working on the development of a new greenfield cloud hosted application. As part of this you will also be involved in determining the technology stack used for the project. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
Core responsibilities for this Developer role:
- Develop software solutions that achieve customer requirements/stories.
- Deliver a high standard of software quality with minimal defects/bugs.
- Provide accurate information to senior management and other stakeholders
- Ensure services are delivered in accordance with KPI’s and exceeding these where possible.
- Keep up to date on emerging technology and provide suggestions/recommendations on improvements.
- Strive for continuous improvement through adhering to Development Best Practice.
- Attend daily Scrum and share progress of in-flight work items.
- Provide support to colleagues, devoting time to impart expertise, build confidence and express positive expectations.
- Where necessary provide support for pre-sales team when required, including involvement in bid documentation
- Any other related duties as required by the line manager.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and high level of technical ability
- Able to maintain high levels of confidentiality and professional conduct
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A passion for providing high quality customer service
- Working within high pressured environment delivering within targeted KPI’s
- Approachable personality and able to communicate effectively and professionally
- Quick learner and problem solver
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
Essential Technical Skills
- Strong knowledge of C#.net (Minimum .net 4.6, Desired .net Core)
- Experience with MS SQL (2012+)
- Familiarity with using ASP.NET Web API to write RESTful APIs
- Experience with an MVC framework
- Knowledge of a microservice based design architecture
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Knowledge of applying SOLID Design Principles
Desired Technical Skills
- Familiarity with a Nosql database, such as MongoDB
- Knowledge of Angular
- Past experience working on a multi-tenanted cloud hosted application
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or ageApply for this Job