Reporting to: Development Team Leader
Castleton Technology PLC, a leading supplier of infrastructure and software solutions to the UK Social Housing and Public Sector is looking to recruit an Experienced C# Developer to join the Development Team.
The company has ambitious growth plans to bring together a range of complementary ICT Infrastructure and software applications that will deliver improved customer service, cost reductions and drive efficiencies for our customers. Castleton is leading the way in technological advances in software addressing the Social Housing market in the UK and Australia and the right candidate will be joining a high performing team of technologists, getting involved in new products, enhancements and research.
We are seeking an inquisitive, passionate and talented Developer with experience working within software/application development, across multiple work streams. This role requires hands-on software development to develop and support Castleton’s Document Management Solution. A good knowledge of development techniques and methodologies is essential. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
• Deliver a high standard of software to agreed timescales.
• Develop software solutions that achieve customer requirements/stories.
• Provide accurate project information to senior management and other stakeholders
• Attend and contribute to Scrum Meetings for the team.
• Keep up to date on emerging technology and provide suggestions/recommendations on improvements.
• Where necessary provide support for pre-sales team when required, including involvement in bid documentation
• Any other related duties as required by the line manager.
• Token-based authentication, single sign on and API access control schemes and frameworks – particularly IdentityServer – for OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect
• WebAPI for development of backend APIs and Web Services over http (REST-like)
• Building distributed applications using the Microservices design pattern
• An understanding of the requirements for providing “Gateway” services for multiple client platforms (Windows, iOS, Android etc.)
• The use of Enterprise Service Bus for messaging (queues, pub-sub)
• Windows Services development
• JSON frameworks such as Newtonsoft JSON.NET
• Understanding the requirements for offline working and “eventual consistency” in occasionally-connected applications
• A good understanding and experience of a variety of data storage systems and their applicability (e.g. SQL Server, key-value stores such as REDIS, Document Databases such as MongoDB)
• Some experience and knowledge of encryption for security, particularly in storing sensitive documents
• A general understanding, and preferably some experience in designing and developing APIs using the Event Sourcing pattern
• Following the CQRS (Command Query Responsibility Segregation) pattern and understanding its applicability to particular systems
• Following good practice for the integration and inter-operability of diverse systems
• SignalR or similar frameworks for providing realtime updateable interfaces
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Working within high pressured environment delivering within targeted KPI’s
• Approachable personality and able to communicate effectively and professionally
• Quick learner and problem solver
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age